The WHO (World Health Organization) declared COVID-19 as a pandemic and at such, the feelings of worry and anxiety are normal in times as this. However, they can be managed.
3 things that can help you cope with anxiety in a crisis like this are;
- Limit your screen time: During this time, you’ll be bombarded with news of the virus, number of affected people, the death toll and other alarming facts that can set you off on an edge. Though it is needful and helpful to stay informed, it is much more important that you do not lose your peace while doing so. As much as possible, limit your media consumption, control your intake of anxiety-provoking news.
- Practice self-care: There’s little you can do about what’s happening around you but a whole lot what you can do for yourself.
- Take care of yourself
- Eat a balanced diet
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cover your mouth when you cough
- Stay away from sick people
- Get plenty of sleep
- Make sure you keep your immune system robust.
- Stay busy with other things: At one time or the other, you have hoped to have more time to do certain things and now that you have more time, why not get your hands on those things and maximize your time. Draw, paint, cook, bake, read, watch movies, spend time with family, get busy being creative…
It is necessary that you keep your spirits up in times like this because the impact of stress on your immune system makes you rather susceptible to illness. Stay calm and positive.Stay calm and positive. Click To Tweet