African Star Apple is a very popular fruit in Nigeria. Often called Agbalumo which is the name in Yoruba language and Udala in Igbo language.
African Star apples are very nutritious with numerous health benefits, some of which are boosting the immune system preventing anemia, strengthens bones, helps in weight loss, sorting digestive issues and lots more.
Here are 5 amazing health benefits of African Star Apple;
- Boosts immune system: African Star Apple is an antioxidant-rich fruit which helps neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals. Due to the presence of vitamin C, it controls the production of collagen, decreases blood sugar levels and boosts the immune system.
- Strengthens bones: Contained in African Star Apple are important minerals such as calcium and phosphorus which are necessities for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
- Helps in weight loss: low fat and dietary fiber are two reasons you should consider African Star Apple to be a part of your diet. The Fibre increases satiety and it helps manage and maintain body beauty.
- Prevents anemia: Iron deficiency in the body can cause dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeats, headache… All of these can be prevented by eating food rich in Iron such as vegetables and African Star Apple.
- Excellent for Pregnant women: A woman’s body changes during pregnancy. Irritation, constipation are common occurrences at this time. African Star Apple is known for its acidic taste, this could help very much to prevent the urge to vomit, indigestion and constipation.
African Star Apples are found almost everywhere in its season. So every chance you get, look at an African Star Apple with all its benefits and don’t forget to buy some, your body will be glad you did.
Cheers to healthy living!
You are Never Alone