Brokenness is a state in which we are aware of our sinfulness and acknowledge, and surrender to God. It
is God’s means of bringing us before him in repentance and truth of who we are and how compassionate
he is towards us.
Most people see brokenness as a form of weakness or failure whereby in the true sense, it helps to build us
up spiritually. The first step is to acknowledge that we are nothing without him but became worthy and accepted in Christ. John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth
much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Another step to be broken is that brokenness requires obedience to God, if we want God to use us and
partake of his blessing we must be willing to obey him. Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.
However, the process of being broken comes with pain and even discomfort which leads to
the breakdown in our outward man which is the flesh. When we allow God to break us, we weaken the
power of the flesh and allow the spirit of God to flow freely in us.
Romans 8:6 says to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Brokenness helps us to be at peace when we allow the spirit of God to flow through us.
Here is some importance of brokenness:
- Brokenness helps to check your spirit and help you recognize your willingness, to be honest when
it exposes something in you that you may have ignored.
- Brokenness helps you to get intimate with God and shows you a part of yourself that you cannot
see like the wonderful and loving things.
- Brokenness helps you to be willing to yield to the things that are right in order to be right.
- Brokenness helps you to be compassionate and have the kind of love that overlook a multitude of
sins and helps you to forgive much.
- It helps you to have a sense of worthiness as God uses you.
- Brokenness helps you to be more conscious of your spirit man and the new to grow spiritually.
- Brokenness helps you promote and motivate others to be successful.
- Brokenness helps you to be self-denying and have a self-sacrificing love
Brokenness should never be looked at as a form of weakness or immaturity but rather be looked at as a process that draws us closer to God Even if it does not come with the comfort we expect it to, it will always be worth it as you’re allowing God to transform you to become the person he already prepared you to become